Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Tuesday Treats

Starring... Egg-in-a-Hole, Leftover Lunch, and Stir-Fry Veggies with Brown Rice in Peanut Garlic Sauce!
 
Breakfast was a treat!  I never make a fancy breakfast on a weekday morning, but I thought I deserved it!
 
The bread kind of fell apart because it was getting stale, but it was still a great use of the bread and last egg.  

Lunch was a delicious leftover meal. 
 
Remember these roasted veggies from last week?   They have been in the fridge getting more and more delicious.  For lunch they were tossed with leftover macaroni from last night and a bit of butter.  
Yummy, easy, and frugal.  Go me!
Dinner was Stir-Fry Veggies with Brown Rice in Peanut Garlic Sauce.  The sauce was a gift, which is super-cool since I never buy stuff like this for myself.  
  
The ingredients weren't creepy, either.  BONUS!
 
 To start this, I made John cook rice.  

Just kidding. 

I asked him nicely.

For my part, I stir-fried a bag of frozen green-bean stir-fry in a teaspoon of coconut oil.

 
When they were just about finished, I added in the sauce. 

 
I added some soy sauce, actual whole roasted garlic cloves, and an extra spoonful of peanut butter to the sauce.  Because I can't leave well enough alone.  

 
Served over rice?
 
Perfection.

This whole meal (minus the rice) was ready in about 10 minutes.  How's THAT for a quick weeknight meal?!

PS.  I may have made cookie dough babies for dessert.  Maybe.

>

No comments:

Post a Comment