Friday, February 19, 2010

Sneak Peak at My Week!

What out-of-the-ordinary things have I been consuming lately?  Let's see...
Earlier this week I had no idea what I wanted for breakfast.  I peeked into the freezer and found THIS little gem. 
 
During the summer when I am smoothie-ing it up, I tend to freeze the extra into ice pops for a sweet, healthy snack.  I guess I forgot this one!  I think it is beet-banana, but I'm not sure.  It was DELICIOUS. That, I am sure of.  

On Wednesday of the Meal Plan I notated that it was a grab-n-go kinda day.  I made this Tuesday night so I had it ready to go. 
 
I chopped up a cucumber and a tomato, added parsley,
 
Some bread I made earlier that was a LITTLE too crusty,
 
and some lemon-olive oil dressing.  
It kept me from over-indulging in food at the Nets game.  Oh, did I not mention that John and I had FLOOR SEATS to a NJ Nets game?  And that is came with access to a special VIP area with free food and drink?  I didn't mention that?!  Oops.

On Thursday John wanted me to make the rest of the meatballs.  When I make them, I make twice as many meatballs and freeze 1/2 raw.  When I am ready to make more, I just have to make the gravy and throw them in.  This time, I tried it in the slow cooker!
 
 I know the picture isn't really appetizing, but they tasted just as good as they do when I make it on the stove, but it is MUCH less messy.  SCORE!

>

No comments:

Post a Comment