Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Macaroni Monday!

I was able to check yet ANOTHER meal off my list.  We were all out of frozen gravy and meatballs, so it was time to make another batch!  This recipe is based off the one my grandma taught me.  I made very few changes.

Mix 1 package of ground beef, pork, and veal with 2 eggs.  
 
 Add breadcrumbs, parsley, oregano, garlic powder, parmesean cheese, and salt.  There are not really any measurements, since my grandma doesn't matter.  It was mostly breadcrumbs.
 
Combine until it is mixed well and the right consistency.
 
Shape it into cute meatballs.
 
Admire your work (or the work of your fiance, John.  Those were his arms, not mine.)
 


After this is complete, or while someone else is making them, start the gravy.


Brown some garlic cloves and onion slices in a bit of oil.  If you have gravy meat (chunks of beef, pork and veal) with this, brown them, too. 
 
Drain any excess oil and add tomato sauce, water, and tomato paste.  The ratio is about 2 parts sauce:2 parts water:1 part paste.  I usually use 2 15 oz cans of sauce, then fill those cans with water, and then 2 little cans of tomato paste.  I think they are around 6-8 oz each. 
 
 Then you have to add seasonings.  The amount will depend on whether or not you use sauce/paste with seasonings.  I don't.  Grandma does.  Either way, add garlic powder, parsley, oregano, and salt.  Add in the meatballs, and boil.
 
After it boils, simmer it for at least 2 hours.  Then, ENJOY!

>

No comments:

Post a Comment