Thursday, February 25, 2010

Snow Day Cookies!

We had yet another snow day today.  My 14-year-old cousin came over since her school had an early dismissal and we made cookies.  

Actually, she made the cookies and I ate the cookie dough.  She is really good in the kitchen.  And she washes dishes.  

Anyway....Ingredients:
  • 2 cups oatmeal
  • 1 1/2 cup flour (We used Whole Wheat)
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup butter or margarine
  • 1 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar.
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • We added a few sprinkles of cinnamon
First, we (and by we, I mean she) mixed the oatmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together.
 
Then we used my new hand mixer (well, Christmas-new, so a few months old now) to combine the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and regular sugar.

 When it was all combined, we added the eggs and vanilla, and then the dry mix.
 
  
After it was shaped into balls,

and baked,
 
it turned into a decadent treat!


And don't worry, I didn't make her do all of the work.  I helped out when the computer started acting up.


See?  I help! 

>

2 comments:

  1. I always try to make my cookies TOO healthy and they never turn out right. Those cookies sound perfect! They'd probably be good with some chocolate chips in them too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen- I usually make these super healthy cookies, and they are good and all, but they are more like bread-cake than anything else. Lately I have been so sick of that and wanting good yummy cookies that I have totally given up on the idea of them being healthy.

    I am trying black bean brownies this weekend, though, so health food may be making a comeback!

    ReplyDelete