Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow Day Soup!

Here in NJ there is a "Blizzard" going on.  Lucky for John and I, we got a.... SNOW DAY!  No work for us!  Mid-morning we played in the snow, and soup was the perfect lunch to warm up from the inside out.  

Before we went outside I sauteed some onions.  I left them in the pot (with the heat off, don't worry!) with the top on to soften up even more while we played.  When we got back, I added in 2.5 cups of frozen home made chicken broth to melt and then another cup and a half of water to boil.
 
With a sprinkle of garlic powder, a pinch of parsley, and a cup of brown rice, it was all set to boil.
 
When it was boiling up a storm I added a cup of lentils in.
 
Mmmmmm..... About 5 minutes before it was ready, I added the pieces of chicken I saved from making broth.
 
I happen to love the juicey part of soup, so I  served mine over some toast.

 
  

>

1 comment: