Saturday, February 13, 2010

No-Bake Cookies

We hadn't baked cookies in a really long time, so I was looking for a really cool oatmeal-peanut butter recipe.  I found it!  No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies. Yeah.  They are awesome.  Of course, I had to tweak them!
First, I melted the 2 tablespoons of butter. 
 
Then, I mixed in 1/4 cup milk, a tiny but of salt, and 1/2 cup of brown sugar to the mix and let it all boil.  

 
When it was nice and bubbly...
 
I added in 1 1/2 cup uncooked oatmeal, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter,  and 1 teaspoon vanilla. 
 
 Stirring it took more than a little elbow grease,
 
 but the next step was easy.  I just spooned it out onto some aluminum foil and let it cool in the fridge.  I probably didn't need to refrigerate it, but we wanted to eat them right away.  

 
They tasted SO good and really, for cookies, they aren't that bad for you!

>

1 comment: