Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Chicken Noodle Soup (with a salad on the side)

Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken Noodle Soup with a salad on the side!

That's my version of WebStar/Young B's song.

I didn't plan meals for this week.  Shame on me.  For Monday, John made some super yummy turkey burgers.  Last night?  I threw together some CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP.  But I'm sure you figured that out by now.


First, I melted some frozen chicken broth I had made.  The last 3 times I roasted a chicken I made broth.  I used 1 bag of broth from each of the last 2 times because one time the broth was much darker than the other.  Also, one was in cubes, the other in a bag.  The broth had a very onioney lemoney taste to it that was awesome.  The bag one was actually left from this meal, as were the chicken pieces added later!


I cooked about 1/4 box of whole wheat spaghetti until it was ALMOST al dente.  I plunked it into the now boiling chicken broth.  When it was cooked, I added the extra pieces of chicken I had saved from the roasted chicken.


Served with.....A SALAD ON THE SIDE!

I crack myself up. 


>

No comments:

Post a Comment