Saturday, September 12, 2009

Raw Day! (and apparently, my food philosphy!)

I didn't start Wednesday with the intention of it being a high-raw day. In fact, I never gave the idea of eating raw, or vegan, or vegetarian a serious though. I enjoy so many types of food that I never wanted to limit what I ate based on a food philosophy. I do, however, enjoy learning about various ways of eating and food lifestyles. I have learned so much about food and cooking from raw foodists and vegans and I am so grateful for that. Although I have found that many vegetarians and vegans are opposed to the term "flexitarian," it DOES sum up the way I consume food. I tend to eat non-animal foods most of the time, however I do eat meat and dairy occasionally. I am not ever AGAINST eating meat, and eat it about once a week, but the majority of my meals are plant/grain based.

Anyway, back to Raw Day. Wednesday started out with a YUMMY peach-mineola orange-banana-strawberry-flaxseed smoothie. I drank it before I could take a picture, but it was SO filling! I had a late lunch salad during a break from work.

Spring Mix, Cucumbers, and grapes with balsamic vinegar and a touch of olive oil... YUM!

By the time I got home from work, I was pretty hungry. While I was figuring out what to make, I realized that I had eaten raw all day! I decided to see if I could do a whole day and what it would be like. So....

Tomato-Cucumber Salad! Quartered small tomatoes, farmers market cucumbers, olive oil, and LOTS of crushed garlic and parsley.
I did it! I have to say i felt great all day and the next morning. I am not looking for a total lifestyle change, as I said before, but incorporating a raw day into my week sounds good to me!

>

No comments:

Post a Comment