Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Gifts Become Tomato-Peach-Basil Salad

After John and I visit our parents' houses we are typically loaded with lots of food goodies. This can range from a half-eaten cereal box to leftovers to fresh produce to frozen meat and poultry. Honestly, if we visited more often than our current once/week, we would never have to food shop. Which would make me sad. I love to food shop.

Anyway, our most recent visit yielded, among other things, fresh peaches and tomatoes. The tomatoes are from my mother's garden and the peaches are from the farm a friend of the family owns. As if that wasn't enough, today I happened to visit the chiropractor and he gave me a HUGE bag of basil from his garden! Score!!!

Some quick research resulted in the decision to make this recipe... Tomato-Peach-Basil Salad!
I know there are lots and lots of different versions of this salad, but I based mine off of this. I just cut up 2 tomatoes, 1 peach, a little onion, and some fresh basil, threw it together with a little kosher salt and some olive oil. TA-DA! Done! Super fast, easy, and yummy!

>

No comments:

Post a Comment