Monday, September 7, 2009

Radish Greens and Macaroni

John loves radishes. I love leafy greens. We try to waste as little food as possible. What do all of those random facts mean, when combined? Sauteed Radish Greens!

John was always in charge of cleaning the radishes, and I never noticed that he discarded the greens. One day, I noticed it and vowed never to let it happen again! I figured that all leafy greens are yummy sauteed in garlic, onion, and olive oil, so why not radish greens? Now I collect them from his parents', too!

Today's "Monday Macaroni" dish was sauteed radish greens with whole wheat rotini. First, I cleaned all the radish leaves.
Then, I sauteed them with smashed garlic, chopped onion, breadcrumbs, olive oil, parsley, and parmesean cheese. MMmmmMMMmmmm!
Mixed with the whole wheat rotini? Amazing.

>

No comments:

Post a Comment