Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Luscious Leftovers

Okay, so maybe calling leftovers "luscious" is a bit of an over statement. But then again, maybe it's not!

Our fridge and freezer are both really stuffed with food, both raw and leftover. I decided that it would be best to just have leftovers for dinner. Normally, that would just mean heating up whatever was in the fridge and calling it a night, but today, I thought I would make it into something.


It all started with leftover chicken on the barbecue. I thought it might be nice with rice, but there wasn't enough time for me to cook brown rice. I rummaged through the cabinets and found some broccoli and cheese couscous. I put some water, soy milk, and olive oil in a small pan and started that boiling for the couscous. Then I grabbed some frozen broccoli florets and threw them in a pan with some broth to defrost. As I searched for more ingredients, I found some onions (partially chopped, so I finished the job) and some mushrooms. I cut them all up and threw them in the pan with some olive oil. When the couscous finished cooking I added that to the broccoli pan.

After cutting the chicken off the bone, I added that to the pan to heat up.


Looking back, if I knew what I was making, I probably would have done it differently. I would have heated the onions and mushrooms first, maybe with the chicken, and then added the broccoli. Well, it was delish anyway!

>

No comments:

Post a Comment