Whew! It's been a while since I made a nice meal. For dinner last night I made spaghetti in clam sauce with roasted broccoli.
The spaghetti sauce recipe is from John's mom, although I do lower the salt content in it to just a sprinkle.
- Crush lots of garlic (almost a whole bulb) and warm it in olive oil
- Add 2 cans of chopped clams (1 with liquid, 1 without)
- Add lots of parsley
- Add breadcrumbs to thicken it up
- Sprinkle Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine with Whole Wheat Spaghetti
I was so excited to have roasted broccoli after reading this that I made sure to buy lots of broccoli and do it with this!
The end result? A meal of beauty that even JOHN had seconds of. And that's really saying something.