Friday, September 4, 2009

Pizza Friday!

Every Friday John and I have homemade pizza. We buy and freeze whole-wheat dough when it is on sale at Shoprite and go to town with whatever toppings we have! While John typically opts for either a white pizza or a regular pizza, I tend to use this as an opportunity for..... LEFTOVER COOKING!! ::cue applause::

This week I saw that I had lots of spring mix leftover from the Farmer's Market. I thought back to this AMAZING pizza that I ALWAYS get at California Pizza Kitchen. It is Tricolore Salad Pizza and it is my favorite. I decided to try and recreate it, only better!

  • Phase 1- The Dough and such: I mixed olive oil, Parmesan cheese, and garlic and spread it on the dough. Then, I spread part-skim Ricotta cheese over the dough. That went into the oven (350) and baked for 15 minutes
  • Phase 2- The Topping/Dressing: I sauteed some chopped onions and garlic in olive oil. When the oil was gone, I added balsamic vinegar. In a small bowl I combined the rest of the garlic, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and LOTS of Parmesan cheese. When the onion/garlic bit was sufficiently sauteed, I added the dressing.
  • Phase 3- Dress the Salad: Self-explanatory. I dressed the salad.

  • Phase 4- Make it a Pizza: Took it out of the oven, sliced it, and added the salad/onion dressing mix.
I have to say, I thought it was even better than the CPK one... and DEFINITELY cheaper!

>

No comments:

Post a Comment