Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Crockpot Rice

For the past few days I have just been "cleaning out the fridge" and making new meals out of leftovers.  For example, the pumpkin ravioli stuffing has been eaten as lunch and breakfast.  Today, I was running super late and I wanted to make a easy crockpot meal with things I just had lying around.  I found this recipe on A Year of Slow Cooking.  It looked pretty good, so I tried it.


I started out really well with the pictures.  Above, rice in a cup.
Then... the battery died.  So just imagine me adding beans, tomatoes, and seasonings.
 
When I got home from work it looked like this.  MmmmmMmmm


I shredded some yummy cheddar over it.


Check out that cheesey goodness!!!!

The rice was overcooked and mushy, but I liked it.  John didn't.  To each his own, I guess.

>

No comments:

Post a Comment