Friday, January 1, 2010

New Toy #2 and Meatloaf/Potatoes

Have you been dying to hear about my other new toy?  I know, I know, you must have been on the edge of your seat waiting for this post!

I GOT A CAMERA!!!!!

My parent's gave us one for Christmas.  They knew we had been wanting one for wedding/honeymoon/future use and were saving up for it.  So..... THEY GAVE US ONE!

Of course, until then, I need to practice by photographing food.  Of course.
Right......

My mom's meatloaf was always a favorite of mine.  As an adult, I find that it's just the recipe on the back of the Lipton Soup Secrets Onion Soup Mix.  Since the box came with 2 packets of "spices," I made the potato recipe on the back, too!

POTATOES:

Clean 4 potatoes.
(How great is this picture!  Now, if you are a photographer, you will probably not be impressed.  HOWEVER, if you have seen ANY of the past pictures I have taken with older cameras, you will notice how much better all the photos in this post are.  Be impressed.  Please.  For me.)

Cut 4 potoates.  Try your hand at different photography settings on new camera.


Make sure you cut them into even sized chunks so they cook at the same time.

Mix the potatoes with a little oil (I used grapeseed oil) and the packet of onion mix.


Spread it out on the baking sheet and bake it at 425 for about 30-40 minutes.  Make sure to stir it occasionally.


ENJOY!

MEATLOAF:
 
I like to use a mix of ground beef, pork, and veal.  Toss it into a bowl and follow the directions on the back of the box of soup mix.
Shape it into a loaf.


Or a brain.  Doesn't it look like a brain?!
 
Bake it for an hour at 350.


Slice and enjoy with potatoes! Or whatever. 

>

No comments:

Post a Comment