Sunday, January 3, 2010

No Stove Day

Okay, I totally made this title up as I was writing it.  I was trying to come up with a way to tie together the things in this post aaaaaand being cooked on the stove was the ONLY things they all shared.  Woot Woot. 

BRUNCH.
It doesn't have a name, really, it was just throw-it-in-the-pot-mush.  Go with it.

I started by heating up a banana in a little pot to get it all smushy and sweet.


I added some homemade walnut butter to melt in next.


I figured I should throw in some ground flax seeds, shredded coconut, and cinnamon for good measure. 


And who doesn't love plump raisins?!


When it was all melty and mixed, it was absolutely divine.


DINNER
Remember when I wanted to make Pumpkin Ravioli?  Well.  It didn't work.  They were gross.  BUT I have them anyway and I am not one to waste perfectly (well, maybe not perfectly) good food.  I made a sauce for it tonight.


I took the leftover filling  from the raviolis and stuck them in the pan.  It is pumpkin, onions, and garlic, I think.  I forgot, actually.  Whatever.

I added LOTS of parmesan cheese and parsley on top once it was warm.


Then a GENEROUS pouring of balsamic vinegar... MMmmMMMmmMMm


Plopped on top of the ravis?  Not too bad!  I don't know why the ravis have that dark tinge to them.  They have probably grown some awful fungus or something.

Or not. 

>

No comments:

Post a Comment