Monday, January 4, 2010

Thrown Together Meals

Let me just start off with the end products. 


I came home after work today completely exhausted.  I hadn't planned dinner AND I was hungry and cranky.  I wanted a Macaroni Monday, but didn't want the typical topping.     After snooping around in the fridge, I found the mushrooms I bought.  ::LIGHTBULB::  MUSHROOM SAUCE.  Yeah. 
 
I started with a little bit of butter melted in the pan.  (Shhhh....Don't tell John!  He doesn't DO butter.)


I added the sliced up Portabellas and let them simmahhhhh.


Once they were set, I added 2 sliced up onions and a bunch of sliced up garlic to the mix.


John smashed the garlic, THANKS JOHN!!


Eventually, the flavors all blend together and are just steamy.


Check out those flavors floating through the air!  You know it's ready when you can smell it and you can barely keep yourself from devouring it! 


Of course, what meal is finished without dessert?  What do you get when you mix:
 
1 melted banana,


3 spoonfuls of peanut butter, 1 spoonful of cinnamon syrup,
 
and a just-about-cooked-brownie that is so delicious that I may or may not have been scooping secret bites from?

HEAVEN!!

>

No comments:

Post a Comment