Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Leftover Cooking

Today's post will focus on the art of leftover cooking.  Regular readers of this blog know about my love for re-cooking leftovers and creating something new from them.  While there are many ways to give new life to old meals, I have a few favorites.

One of my favorite ways to re-use leftover is to make it into a pizza.  I adore pizza in all of its delicious forms.  If you have good leftovers, like this Lubyia (Lebanese Green Beans in Olive Oil with Garlic) John's mom made, just throw it on some dough and bake it like a pizza.   


It is really a side dish, but SO good, as long as you don't mind smelling like a garlic factory.  Are there such things as garlic factories?  ANYWAY.  I added lots of Parmesean Cheese on top, because that's how I like my pizza.  It works for lots of things, especially things that have a little bit of their own sauce to keep them moist in the oven. 

Check it out!  I just rolled out the whole wheat dough, spread the leftovers on, added P. Cheese, and baked it until the crust was done.  It doesn't get any easier than that (at least to make pizza) and it is soooo good.

Another way I like to revive leftovers is with garlic, onions, and oil.  We have discussed my penchant for greens with garlic, onion, and olive oil, but you might not know that it extends to all food.  For this leftover meal, I added mushrooms to the mix.

They all sauteed until it was one mix of yummy flavors.  Then I added the leftovers, a mix of brown rice, toasted almonds, black beans, and other things that John had made for dinner one day. 


See?  Leftovers can be fun!
 


>

No comments:

Post a Comment