Friday, December 4, 2009

This Week's Highlights!

Today I am posting the best Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner from this week.

Best Breakfast:

It kind of looks like a sugary cereal, doesn't it?  What is it really, you ask?  WELL! It is.....
  • 1 banana
  • 1 small box of blackberries
  • 1 big handful raisins
  • 1 big handful peanuts
YUMM!  I didn't add any liquid, even though I ate it with a spoon from my cereal bowl.

Best Lunch:

This lunch is the ultimate in leftover cooking salad making.  I literally opened up my fridge, took out 1/2 of the contents, and poured it into a salad.  It is...
  • Romaine lettuce
  • Leftover white meat turkey
  • Mushrooms
  • Raisins
  • Walnuts
  • Lentils
  • Ground flax seeds
  • Shredded Coconut
  • Hummus
  • Olive Oil
  • Red Wine Vinegar
On the counter it looked like this!

Best Dinner:


This meal was straight out of this blog.  The only changes I made were using chicken thighs instead of breasts (it's what I had in the freezer) and serving it over quinoa (it's what John wanted to make).  I know it looks burnt, but I promise, it is SUPER yummy!

>

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jackie! Thanks for stopping by Live Renewed!
    I love your idea for making pizza out of leftovers. That's one I'll have to keep in mind as I look in my fridge and wonder what to do with all of those containers full of food! Everyone loves pizza right?!
    My hubs is not a big leftover guy, so any way I can find to reuse them as a "new" meal is a plus for me!

    ReplyDelete