Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Catch-Up

I promise to be better with posting regularly, really I do!  I was away for the weekend and not feeling too well.

So... Recently?  I have been working on....

Pancakes.

Cheap Food.

Eggplant Smush Macaroni with leftovers.

Leftover Teriyaki Stir-Fry



LET'S BEGIN!!

Pancakes:

Whole wheat dough + cinnimon + flax seeds+ fake eggs + blackberries = ????


Cheap Food:
Each of these were $1.  Can you believe it??!?! $1 for like 15 pears and $1 for a bag FULLLLL of garlic!


Eggplant Smush:
Cut up some eggplants.

Add it to pan with onions, garlic, bread crumbs, olive oil, and parsley.




When it was adequately sauteed, I added some tomato sauce I had made before and frozen, then added it to macaroni and spooned some ricotta on top.



I had some leftover.... Lunch the next day was an eggplant smush sandwich!!!


Leftover Teriyaki Stir-Fry:
I knew I wanted veggies and macaroni.  This meal started out as maybe frozen peas with chicken broth or something. I saw that I had frozen asparagus stir fry, so that was in.


I was peeking in the fridge and noticed I had some honey-teriyaki marinade/sauce leftover.  It wasn't the type of thing I usually like to cook with, but it was perfect for this and I wanted to finish it.  There was also a BBQed chicken breast from John's mom's house that I threw in.

Served over whole wheat shells!



>

No comments:

Post a Comment