Monday, June 7, 2010

Frolicks in Frozen Dough

We used to buy frozen dough for pizzas, calzones, garlic knots, and other things.  It was around $1.50 for each baggie, and we would make 2 personal pizzas out of it.  It was pretty inexpensive, and the ingredient list was short.  

That didn't stop me from wanting to make it from scratch.  I mean, I have a zillion kitchen gadgets, how hard could it be?!

Answer?  Not hard at all.  

I gathered the ingredients:  3 cups whole wheat flour, 1 cup water, a squeeze of honey,  a splash of olive oil, 2 t yeast, and some grinds of salt. 
The breadmaker was the appliance of choice.  It kneads, lets it rise, punches it down, and lets it rise again.  So I threw it all in the pan.  
It kneaded, rose, was punched, and rose again.
When it was all finished, I put it into a baggie.  Mission complete.

>

1 comment: